The Australian Government has today announced they will give eligible Australians a bonus for building a new home or renovating.
The goal is to support jobs in the residential construction sector, while also helping Aussies realise their dream home goals faster.
What’s the catch? Of course, there are a few rules to be eligible.
Your new home needs to be valued at less than $750,000.
Here are a few other quick facts for eligibility:
- Companies and trusts cannot apply: people only
- You must be aged over 18 years
- You must be an Australian citizen
- It is income tested – and you need to earn less than $125,000 a year as an individual, or less than $200,000 a year as a couple
- You need to enter into a contract between now and December 31, 2020
- Construction needs to start within three months of the contract being signed
The program is expected to provide around 27,000 grants to Australians, supporting 140,000 direct jobs and more than 1,000,000 related jobs. First home buyers can also apply. Check out these links from the Australian Government for more details.
And, as modular homes count as new dwellings, and you’re building with Westbuilt, you could be eligible.
Get in touch with our team today to find out more.
Link to 👇